MailChimp combines the ability to create a subscription pop-up and manage your mailing lists in one place — and it's free to use!
You should be collecting customer email addresses for your mailing list. It's important for growing your business. Read more about how to building a mailing list here: How to build a mailing list.
Setting up and customizing your MailChimp pop-up
To set up a MailChimp subscription pop-up you'll need to create a free account if you don't have one already.
Once you've signed up for an account, you'll need to start an "Audience" so you can store and manage your subscribers' email addresses and other information:
1. Click Audience in the header bar
2. Then click Create.
3. From the options provided, select Signup form
4. Select the option for Pop-up form and Create a list to get started.
You'll need to give the List a name, and provide the email address and name of the Sender:
5. Click Save
6. Next, create a new form by clicking Create a signup form
7. Select Subscriber pop-up
8. Customize the pop up in MailChimp's Editor. For help, click here.
9. When you're ready with the design, fields and content click Generate code
10. Copy the HTML embed code
Adding the subscription pop up to your website
2. Open the Settings page
3. Scroll down to the Add-ons section
4. Click Connect MailChimp
5. Paste in the code from MailChimp
6. Click Connect
NOTE: The popup will only work on the live site! It is not visible within the Editor in Build or Preview modes.
If you have already launched your website, you'll need to update it with these changes.