You've published your website but what next? You need to spread the news and ensure that search engines find it so they can send visitors! It's very easy to do this and you can start by sharing links on your social media accounts.
But in order to take full advantage of sharing links on social media you must tell Google how to "read" and understand your website content. It’s a simple matter of ensuring your site has:
- Clear Page titles that aid navigation
- Page descriptions to summarise the page content (a short paragraph that contains keywords from the content on the page)
- Headings and subheadings to describe your content to Google (meaningful headings for sections on the page)
And to make sure your shared link looks good to humans on Facebook and other social media platforms, make sure you have:
- Professional page addresses (URLs) that show your website is legitimate and trustworthy
- An attention-grabbing Social Sharing Image (thumbnail preview image) that is relevant to the content on your site
Even after your website is on Google, you should continue to post links. It's important to keep driving traffic (users) to your website as the number of visitors your site gets plays an important role in its Google ranking.
As well as creating social media accounts, you could: