We've put together this guide to help you learn about the platform so you can get up and running as quickly as possible.
Video: How to build a website with Envato Sites
A step-by-step guide
If you haven't already, the first thing you'll need to do is select a website template. Check out our tips for choosing the right one for you.
Before you jump into the fun stuff, let's start on the most basic.
Click Settings in the menu at the top of the page:
- Give your site a Site name (this is a private, "Save As" name that will only be used to on your Envato Sites dashboard)
- Pick a Highlight Color that suits your branding
With the general stuff out of the way, click Build in the menu at the top of the page:
In the left side menu you can:
- Give your homepage a Page title. This will be appear in internet search results and as the website title in internet browers
- Provide a Page description. This will also be used by search engines to identify your website. Just provide a basic one for now — we've got a guide to help you improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) later.
- Add new pages for each section of content, like Home, Products or Contact.
Adding your content
Now, on to adding your content! Each of the website building blocks is customizable so you can edit them to add in your own content. To make changes to a block, select it and click Edit block.
TIP: Start with some basic content that you can build on later!
Structuring your website
What do you think of the design and content so far? Do you need more room for your copy or to display your products?
Add a new block by selecting an existing block and clicking Add block above. Then choose a new block from our library.
Reorganize blocks on any page by selecting one then clicking Move up (or Move down).
Just click Remove block on any that aren't required.
TIP: Don't forget to update your header navigation if you added new pages or removed unused blocks.
Previewing your website
When you're happy with the design and content, click Preview. You can test out what the website will look like to your customers on desktop, tablet and mobile:
Launching your website
Ready to launch? Here are the last things you'll need to do: