Before you get started
- Our quick start guide provides an overview of the steps involved.
- If your domain has existing DNS records, it's a good idea to make a back-up before making any changes.
- Sign-in to your account at https//:www.enom.com/login
Setting up a CNAME and Redirect record
A CNAME record ensures that all visits to your full domain (e.g. www.example.com) are sent to Envato Sites while a redirect record ensures that all visits to your domain name without the "www." (e.g. example.com) are redirected to the full version of your domain name (e.g. www.example.com).
Here are the steps to connect your domain name:
1. Click your username in the top right corner of the page
2. Click Domains in the top navigation and select My Domains
3. Modify the existing CNAME Record by typing "domains.envatosites.com" into the Address field:
4. In the last, empty row, enter the following information:
Host Name: (leave this blank)
Record Type: URL Redirect
Address: Type your full URL, including the "www", E.g. "www.example.com"
7. Click Save
If your domain name has previously been connected to another website, you may encounter error messages when attempting to create new DNS Records. Double check the Records list to ensure no old records are interfering with new settings.
Is your Redirect Record working?
We occasionally experience an issue with our Domain Checker that means it will show an error with the Redirect Record even when you have set it up correctly. E.g:
You can double check that your Redirect is working by typing your website's URL into your browser without the "www" — if you're taken to your Envato Site then the Redirect is working as it should! You can also contact us at any time and we'll check this for you.
Domains and DNS terminology can get a bit technical and confusing. If you need help with any part of this process, contact Enom's support team or ask our domain experts for assistance. Send us a screenshot of your DNS settings so we can help you troubleshoot.