Make a back-up of your DNS before making any changes! You can do this by taking a screenshot and saving it on your device.
To connect a GoDaddy domain name to your Envato Sites website, you'll need to create a CNAME record and a Redirect record. GoDaddy call Redirect records "Forwarding".
You do not need to add or modify any A Records or Name Server Records.
How to edit your GoDaddy DNS records
1. Login to GoDaddy
2. Click your username in the top right of screen, then click Manage Domains
3. Click the three dots next to the domain name and select Manage DNS
Setting up a CNAME Record
New GoDaddy domain names come with a default DNS records including a CNAME record. You'll need to modify the existing CNAME record and point it to Envato Sites. Here's how:
1. Click the Edit symbol beside the existing CNAME record with the Name "www"
2. Remove "@" and replace it with this exactly: domains.envatosites.com
3. Click Save
4. On the Envato Sites Custom Domain page, click Check domain settings
Please note that it can sometimes take GoDaddy 24 hours to apply the change to the CNAME record. If you have set it up correctly (and GoDaddy have applied the change) you should see this:
Once the CNAME record is correct, add a redirect record.
Setting up a redirect record
1. Scroll down to find the section called Forwarding
2. Click Add next to DOMAIN
4. Enter the following information:
Forward to: type your domain name including "www"
Forward Type: Permanent (301)
Settings: Forward only
Update my nameservers and DNS settings to support this change: Yes
5. Click Save
6. On your Envato Sites Custom Domain page, click Check domain settings
If you have set up forwarding correctly (and GoDaddy have applied the change) you should see this:
If you need help with any part of this process, contact GoDaddy's support team or ask our domain experts for assistance. Send us a screenshot of your GoDaddy DNS settings so we can help you troubleshoot.