Before you get started
- Our quick start guide provides an overview of the steps involved.
- If your domain has existing DNS records, it's a good idea to make a back-up before making any changes.
- Sign-in to your Network Solutions account at https://www.networksolutions.com
Setting up a redirect and a CNAME record
A CNAME record ensures that all visits to your full domain (e.g. www.example.com) are sent to Envato Sites.
A redirect record ensures that all visits to your domain name without the "www." (e.g. example.com) are redirected to the full version of your domain name (e.g. www.example.com).
Here are the steps:
1. Click Manage Account and then My Domain Names
2. Click Change Where Domain Points
3. Select Advanced DNS then click Continue
4. Click Edit A Records under IP Address (A Records)
5. Clear the record for "www" and "(all others)" and enter the following IP address for "@ none": 184.108.40.206
6. Click Continue
7. Click the Edit CNAME Records button in the Host Aliases (CNAME RECORDS) section
8. Enter "www" as the Alias, select the Other Host radio button and enter "domains.envatosites.com"
9. Click Continue
10. Then click Save Changes
11. Check that the domain name has been connected correctly
Having trouble creating a new CNAME? It could be clashing with an existing record. Double check the Records list to ensure no old records are interfering with new settings.
Domains and DNS terminology can get a bit technical and confusing. If you need help with any part of this process, contact NetworkSolutions' support team or ask our domain experts for assistance. Send us a screenshot of your Network Solutions DNS settings so we can help you troubleshoot.