Before you get started
- Our quick start guide provides an overview of the steps involved.
- If your domain has existing DNS records, it's a good idea to make a back-up before making any changes.
- Sign-in to your account at https://wordpress.com/me/account
Setting up a CNAME record
A CNAME record ensures that all visits to your full domain (e.g. www.example.com) are sent to Envato Sites. Here are the steps:
1. From your account homepage, click My Site in the top left corner
2. Click Manage Domain
3. Click Name Servers and DNS
4. Add a new record with the following information:
Alias Of: domains.envatosites.com
5. Click Add New DNS Record
Setting up a Redirect record
WordPress do not offer a way to redirect your domain name. In order to ensure that visits to your domain name without the "www" are pointed to the correct page, use a service such as EasyRedir.com.
Find out more here: Setting up redirect records using Easyredir.com
Domains and DNS terminology can get a bit technical and confusing. If you need help with any part of this process, contact GoDaddy's support team or ask our domain experts for assistance. Send us a screenshot of your GoDaddy DNS settings so we can help you troubleshoot.