MailChimp combines the ability to create a subscription pop-up and manage your mailing lists in one place — and it's free to use!
You should be collecting customer email addresses for your mailing list. It's important for growing your business. Read more about how to building a mailing list here: How to build a mailing list.
Setting up and customizing your MailChimp pop-up
To set up a MailChimp subscription pop-up you'll need to create a free account if you don't have one already.
Once you've signed up for an account, you'll need to start an "Audience" so you can store and manage your subscribers' email addresses and other information:
1. Click Create in the navigation menu
2. From the options provided, select Signup form
3. Select Pop-up form, then click Begin
4. Customize the pop up in MailChimp's Editor. For help, see Mailchip's guide to pop up form customisation
5. When you're happy with the design, fields and content click Generate code in the bottom right corner of the page
6. Copy the HTML embed code
Adding the subscription pop up to your website
2. Open the Settings page
3. Scroll down to the Add-ons section and click to expand the menu
4. Click Connect MailChimp
5. Paste in the code from MailChimp and click Connect.
NOTE: The popup will only work on the live site! It is not visible within the Editor in Build or Preview modes.
If you have already launched your website, you'll need to update it with these changes.