One of the best ways captivate and influence your site visitors is simply by using quality images. Good photography adds an extra dimension to your content and encourages your visitors to make an unconscious connection with you, your product, or your service.
Unsplash provides high quality photos from professional photographers that are free for commercial use. And we've made it easy to source Unsplash images from within the Site Editor.
Adding Unsplash Images
In the example below I'm adding a background image to the block called HEADER (LARGE). Click here if you need to identify the type of blocks on your template.
1. Hover over the block and click Settings
2. In the toolbar on the right of the page ensure that the Background type is set to "Image":
4. Click Edit image
5. Scroll down to the very bottom of the menu to find the section called "Find images online"
6. Enter a search term and hit Enter/Return
7. Click on images to preview them in the block on your site
8. Select an image focal point and modify or remove the color layer over the image if required
9. When you're happy with the image, click Back to return to the Settings menu
Go to the Preview page to see what the new background image looks like on desktops, tablet and mobile screens:
Here are some quick reads from the Envato Blog that will help you on your way to an expertly put-together website:
- Using background and hero images on websites
- Things to consider when selecting an image for social media (these tips also apply to websites!)
- Stock photo trends in website design