What you need to know
Envato Sites will shut down in June 2020.
The shut-down will be completed in the stages as outlined below, and more exact dates will be released as we move through the process.
NOTE: Only Envato Sites is shutting down. Other Envato products (Envato Market, ThemeForest, Envato Elements) are not affected.
- New users will be unable to sign up or create websites with Envato Sites. Existing users can continue to access Envato Sites.
- All subscribers will be notified about Envato Sites shutting down.
- Free subscribers will not be able to upgrade to a paid subscription.
- Monthly subscribers will not be able to upgrade to Annual subscriptions.
- Websites on the Free plan will be removed from the internet at the end of the month.
- Auto-renew will be turned off for all Monthly subscriptions at the end of the month.
- Websites with monthly subscriptions will be removed from the internet at the end of the month.
- Auto-renew will be turned off for all Annual subscriptions at the end of the month.
- Websites on Annual subscriptions will be removed from the internet at the end of the month.
- Prorated refunds will be provided for the unused portion of annual subscriptions.
Can I download or export my website?
Envato Sites does not provide users with copies of any websites that have been created using the Site Builder.
Can I get a refund?
The Envato Sites Terms and Conditions (including our position on refunds) continue to apply.
Prorated refunds will be provided for the unused portion of annual subscriptions, that is, the part of an annual subscription that extends after June 30th, 2020.
Refunds will be processed from July 1st. Users with active annual subscriptions as at June 30th 2020 will receive a system generated notification via email.
Please note that a refund may take up to 3 business days to return to your bank account.
What’s next for Envato?
The team responsible for the Simple Site Builder launched a new, mobile-first website builder in June of 2019. The app is called Milkshake and it's designed to help Instagrammers share more content via their link in bio. The app is available on both the App Store and the Play Store.