Before you get started
- Our quick start guide provides an overview of the steps involved.
- If your domain has existing DNS records, it's a good idea to make a back-up before making any changes.
- Sign-in to your Namecheap account at https://namecheap.com.
Setting up a CNAME and redirect record
A CNAME record ensures that all visits to your full domain (e.g. www.example.com) are sent to Envato Sites. A redirect record ensures that all visits to your domain name without the "www." (e.g. example.com) are redirected to the full version of your domain name (e.g. www.example.com).
Here are the steps:
1. Click Domain List on the left side of the screen:
2. Click Manage for the domain name you want to use with Envato Sites:
3. Click Advanced DNS:
4. Make sure that a CNAME Record exists with "www" as the Host and "domains.envatosites.com." as the Value (the period at the end of "domains.envatosites.com." is important):
6. Click SAVE ALL CHANGES:
Having trouble creating a new CNAME? It could be clashing with an existing record. Double check the Records list to ensure no old records are interfering with new settings.
Domains and DNS terminology can get a bit technical and confusing. If you need help with any part of this process, contact Namecheap's support team or ask our domain experts for assistance. Send us a screenshot of your Namecheap DNS settings so we can help you troubleshoot.