Before you get started
- Our quick start guide provides an overview of the steps involved.
- If your domain has existing DNS records, it's a good idea to make a back-up before making any changes.
- Sign-in to your Bluehost account here
Setting up a CNAME Record
A CNAME record ensures that all visits to your full domain (e.g. www.example.com) are sent to Envato Sites.
- Click Domains in the navigation bar, then click Zone editor
2. Scroll down to CNAME (Alias). Locate the record that points "www" to "yourdomain.com"
3. Click Edit
4. Leave the Host as "www", and enter "domains.envatosites.com" in the Points to field
5. Click Save
Setting up a redirect
1. Click Redirect in the top menu under the navigation bar
2. Click Permanent (301) under Redirects
3. Select your domain name from the drop down list. Leave the field after the "/" symbol blank
4. Enter your full domain name with the "www" into the redirects to -> field (E.g. www.yourdomain.com)
5. Select the Do Not Redirect www radio button
6. Click Add this redirect to save the changes
TIP: The last thing you'll need to do is check that the domain name has been connected correctly.
Having trouble creating a CNAME record? It could be clashing with an existing record. Double check to ensure no old records are interfering with new settings.
Domains and DNS terminology can get a bit technical and confusing. If you need help with any part of this process, Bluehost have detailed instructions for the redirect. You can also contact Bluehost's support team or get in contact with our domain experts.