What is Envato Sites?
Envato Sites is a simple website building platform. To get started:
- Choose a smart template
- Edit the template to add your content
- Launch your website to the internet!
We've put together this guide to help you learn about the platform so you can get up and running as quickly as possible.
Once you've chosen a template, you'll jump right onto the "Build" page.
This is where you can update the content in each of the website buildig blocks.
Did you know that all our templates are build with blocks? A "block" is a combination of headings, text, images, or video.
To edit content, click a block on the template and a Toolbar will open on the right hand side of the page. In this example, I clicked near the logo. The Toolbar on the right allows me to edit all the content in the "Header" block:
Scroll down the toolbar to find sections for:
- Updating or deleting text
- Replacing the demonstration logo
- Editing the Navigation links and the Social Media icons
- Changing the Design settings, like replacing the white background with an image
Each template starts out as a single page but it's easy to add a new page at any time - just click on the Page Switcher:
On the Theme page you can:
- Add or edit website colors
- Choose the fonts used for headings, subheadings and the body
- Chose the text size for headings and subheadings
- Change the style of buttons
- Select background patterns/designs
Jump to the Settings page to:
- Upload a favicon
- Select a language for your website
- Connect a website Add-on like Google Analytics, MailChimp Subscriber pop-up or Zendesk Live Chat
Check what your website will look like to visitors by going to the Preview page.
Use the icons to test how the site will work on desktops, tablets and smartphones.
Ready to launch? Open the Publish page and choose a plan that works for you. Find more information about plans and pricing here.
You'll then be able to get your site on the internet and share a preview link with collaborators.
We're always here to help if you get stuck or have any questions! Click the live chat button in the bottom corner of the page anytime.