What is Envato Sites?
Envato Sites is a simple website building platform. To get started:
- Choose a smart template
- Edit the template to add your content
- Launch your website to the internet!
We've put together this guide to help you learn about the platform so you can get up and running as quickly as possible.
Once you've chosen a template, you'll jump right onto the "Build" page.
This is where you can update the content in each of the website building blocks.
A "block" is a combination of headings, text, images, or video:
There are many different types of blocks. The example website above only shows a small variety.
The example website above was created using the template called "Relaxed". Some of the blocks that came with the template were deleted. All of the blocks were changed so their content, layout and design suited the new website.
This is the original "Relaxed" template:
Click anywhere on the template to edit the content. The block will be highlighted and a Toolbar will open on the right hand side of the page. In this example, I clicked near the logo. The Toolbar on the right allows me to edit all the content in the "Header" block:
The toolbar for editing the header has options for:
- Updating or deleting heading and subheading
- Replacing the demonstration logo
- Editing the Navigation links and the Social Media icons
- Changing the Design settings, like replacing the white background with an image
- Switching the content within the block to a different layout
Each template starts out as a single page like the "Relaxed" template shown above, but it's easy to add a new page at any time - just click on the Page Switcher:
On the Theme page you can:
- Add or edit website colors
- Choose the fonts used for headings, subheadings and the body
- Chose the text size for headings and subheadings
- Change the style of buttons
- Select background patterns/designs
These changes are "site-wide" so any changes that you make here will automatically be applied to your template.
Jump to the Settings page to:
- Upload a favicon
- Select a language for your website (English is the default)
- Connect a website Add-on like Google Analytics, MailChimp Subscriber pop-up or Zendesk Live Chat
Check what your website will look like to visitors by going to the Preview page.
Use the icons to test how the site will work on desktops, tablets and smartphones.
When you're ready to launch go to the Publish page and choose a plan that works for you. Find more information about plans and pricing here.
You'll then be able to get your site on the internet or just share a preview link with collaborators.
We're always here to help if you get stuck or have any questions! Click the live chat button in the bottom corner of the page anytime.