Any button on your website can be set up to direct your visitors to an external page. This can be great if you need to gather complex information using a form or you need to link to your online store!
TIP: Creating and editing Header navigation links is a little different so we’ve got a separate guide here.
Here's how to create a link to an external website using a button:
1. Make sure you're in Build mode, then click on a block to open the Edit toolbar. Scroll down to the section called "Buttons"
2. Click Edit or create a brand new button by clicking + Add new
3. Now, set up the button. Here you can:
- Edit the call to action (the button text) in the Text field
- Choose "An external website" from the Type of link options
- Enter the URL of the page to link to. You must include the full URL, eg. "https://www.form.com"
- If you'd like the button to open the page in a new browser window, toggle the "Opens in new tab" option to On
Your changes are saved automatically!
Please note: If you don't see these options while editing your website, you could be using one of our old templates. Get in touch if you'd like more information.