Zendesk (formerly Zopim) offer a simple-to-use Live Chat widget that can be embedded on your site. The widget gives your customers an easy and instant way of getting in touch but you can also use it as a form to gather customer information or even to enable customers to sign up to your mailing list!
Zendesk Live Chat will start you on a free 30 day trial, but you can continue to use their platform for free by selecting the Lite plan after your trial expires. Zendesk's pricing information is available here.
We've made it simple to embed the Zendesk Live Chat widget on your site. Here's how:
Setting up and customizing your Zendesk live chat widget
If you don't already have a Zendesk account, sign up here.
1. From your Zendesk homepage, click the widget settings icon
2. You can simply copy the code from this page, or you can choose Appearance, Forms, Settings or Widget Security for customization options
4. In Forms, choose whether you'd like your customer to provide personal information before they're able to leave a message, and set an away message so your customers know you've received their message:
5. Jump back to the Getting Started tab and copy the chat widget script
TIP: You can make as many edits to your chat widget Settings as you like, but you will only need to copy/paste the code into your website once.
Adding the live chat widget code to your website
2. Go to the Settings page
3. Scroll down to the Addons section
4. Click Connect Zendesk Chat
5. Paste in the code copied from Zendesk
6. Click Connect
NOTE: The chat widget will only appear on the live site! It is not visible within the Editor in Build or Preview modes.
If you have already launched your website, you'll need to update it with these changes.
Your Zendesk Live Chat code should look like this:
<!--Start of Zendesk Chat Script-->
<!--End of Zendesk Chat Script-->
If your code looks different, it's likely that you've signed up for Zendesk's Enterprise product, "Zendesk Support". It is not possible to integrate Zendesk Support with your Envato Sites website at this stage.