One of the best ways captivate and influence your site visitors is simply by using quality images. Good photography adds an extra dimension to your content and encourages your visitors to make an unconscious connection with you, your product, or your service.
Unsplash provides high quality photos from professional photographers that are free for commercial use. And we've made it easy to source Unsplash images from within the Site Editor.
Adding Unsplash Images
In the example below I'm adding a background image to the block called Header (Large).
1. Click the block to open the Toolbar
2. Scroll down to the "Design Settings" section
3. Change the "Background type" to "Image"
4. Click Edit image
5. Scroll down the menu to find the section called "Find images online"
6. Enter a search term and hit Enter/Return
7. Click on images to preview them in the block on your site
8. Scroll up to the top of the menu then choose a focal point for the image
9. Click Back to return to the block Toolbar
10. Toggle "Darken image" to off to remove the image overlay
11. Click Preview to see what the image looks like on desktops/laptops, tablets and mobiles
Here are some quick reads from the Envato Blog that will help you on your way to an expertly put-together website:
- Using background and hero images on websites
- Things to consider when selecting an image for social media (these tips also apply to websites!)
- Stock photo trends in website design